The Magic Phrase

It's normal for a couple to have misunderstandings...even for a not-so-normal couple like us. A lot of people who know us probably think we don't fight or we don't have moments like that, and well...it's slightly true. We don't fight, but we also have moments where in one of us would say something that we don't really mean to (this is usually me, because I'm a victim of monthly visits which is like...the evil thoughts possess my mind monthly) and then realize later that it has hurt the other...and during those times, one of us would leave to breathe (which is usually Pax) and leaving the other to breathe as well... and there, while we're apart we would realize what had went wrong, so when the other comes back...we talk calmly about it and finally make up. And while I don't really like the moments where we misunderstand each other like that, I cherish the moments where we make up because then we're reminded why we love each other in the first place, and it's during those moments that it feels like we're falling in love with each other all over again...just like the first time.

But what I really love after those moments is the moment he says those three sweet words...that phrase that has the power to erase all bad memories and thoughts...and just leaves everything good. The moment he says "I love you", it's like...(as cheesy as it sounds) magic. :-)

So I guess it's really true that a little bit of "fighting" is healthy for a relationship, only because making up makes everything sweeter. Just a little bit of it though. :-P

1 comments:

Paxomaniac said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

I love you, and that will always be enough =)

Post a Comment

What can you say? Did I whine too much?